Saturday, November 28, 2009

It Begins!

And so does the intermittent blogging! While my sister was in town from England, she insisted on buying me at least one wedding magazine... gasp! It all became that much more real. The next dayI took the magazine to work so i could have some reading material on my breaks. Now, I'm not really a girly-magazine-reading kind of girl... and to me, a wedding magazine is about the girliest kind you can get. So when i pulled it out of my locker and set it on the table i became a bit self-aware. Perusing it's pages, skipping quickly past the pages that seemed just too girly (the wedding dress fashion shoot in particular!). I dunno, maybe it just seems like an open invite for middle aged women to oogle and awe over the fact that you're getting married... kinda like new babies... I just never fancied myself the "wedding-planning" type i guess??

In any event, I'm getting over my awkward "I'm getting...married??" stage and trying to take steps to start understanding what all goes into a wedding... my wedding. Neither Jeremiah nor I are very traditional people. We're both of a creative nature and are exceptionally visual people... oh and exceptionally broke! I work at the art institute of chicago's gift shop warehouse 40 hours a week and do freelance photography and Jeremiah Dj's and does freelance graphic design, together we have a small business, Reuse First. So we are exceptionally busy and determined as well as perpetually broke as we venture down the road of entrepreneurship.

So now the real challenge begins... how do you plan a wedding for around 300 guests when you live in one of the most expensive cities and have no time and no money?? It's going to be an interesting ride, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment